What is R&D Tax Relief?
Do you pay technical staff to solve technical problems, perhaps developing new or improved processes, products, or software? Radius can help you claim R&D Tax Relief from HMRC, which is often worth around 25% of qualifying R&D spend.
Whether your company is big or small, old or new, or makes a profit or loss, you may be able to reduce your corporation tax bill or receive a payable cash credit. R&D tax relief is one of the most significant government-backed tax reliefs available today, but many companies do not realise they qualify.
Check your eligibility today
By taking 10 minutes to answer 11 simple questions about your company, you can determine your eligibility right now.
Who can apply for R&D tax relief?
In order to claim R&D tax relief, your activities must meet HMRC’s definition of R&D – however, this includes more than you may think.
- Your project must firstly relate to your company trade, whether current or future.
- Your project must have attempted to achieve an advance or an appreciable improvement in science or technology.
- Your project must also have attempted to overcome technological or scientific uncertainty.
- Your project may not have been easily worked out by a competent professional in the field.
It costs nothing to find out if you qualify, so check your eligibility today, or get in touch if you want to talk to an expert about your R&D activities.
Examples of qualifying R&D projects
- Electronics company manufacturing innovative display equipment.
- Software developers producing ground-breaking new software.
- Steel heat treatment companies automating and refining processes.
- Chemical manufacturers developing new compounds.
- Engineering companies developing high performance components.
- Animal feed manufacturer developing new health products.
These are just a handful of examples where we have helped companies claim R&D tax reliefs successfully. You can learn more about the wide range of activities, industries, and business types that we have helped in our free Case Study Guide.
Radius: R&D Tax Reliefs Done Properly
The Radius team of specialists offers a robust R&D tax relief claims service; our team of dedicated R&D specialists will prepare and maximise the value of your claim and identify wider tax-saving opportunities, while ensuring full compliance and minimising the effort required from you.
HMRC is cracking down heavily on error strewn R&D Tax Relief claims, so it has never been more important to work with an accountant you trust, with detailed quality assurance processes to ensure claims are fully optimised and compliant.
Radius has never had a claim amended as a result of an HMRC enquiry.