Shorts' IM generated the interest we needed to find the right buyer for us.Katie Lukey, Service Manager
We feel we made completely the right decision in choosing Shorts to manage the sale of our business.
The whole process inevitably took many months and we really valued the same two main people from Shorts communicating with us from start to finish. This gave us real confidence that the people representing us really knew our wishes and knew the details of the deal intimately, so getting the best possible long term result for us. We had one main experienced Corporate Finance professional to support us in the process, who we grew to know and trust.
A highly personalised approach from the start led to the development of excellent relationships and production of a truly first class IM (which means Information Memorandum in corporate finance speak or aka ‘a brochure of your business‘!). Our area of business was very specialised but despite this, Shorts IM generated the interest we needed to find the right buyer for us. (Our buyer has told us it is the best IM they have ever seen having acquired many similar business over the years)
We do not hesitate in fully recommending Shorts as the right people to have on your side if considering selling your business.
About The Good Days Project
Established in 2010 by Katie and Steve Lukey, The Good Days Project provides & specialises in high quality Day Services, home support & outreach community support to adults with a learning disability who may have PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Disability) complex needs, Autism & challenging behaviour. These services are provided in two day service bases as well as in peoples’ homes & the community. The shareholders wanted to step away from the business to spend more time with their own family and therefore engaged Shorts to manged the sale process – this was successfully achieved with a sale of the business to the Potensial group.
- Grooming the business for sale
- Preparation of 1 page flyer and Information Memorandum
- Research project to identify potential purchasers
- Distribution of 1 page flyer and Information Memorandum to potential purchasers
- Selection of preferred purchaser
- Negotiating and drafting heads of terms
- Managing due diligence process on our clients behalf
- Liaising with lawyers regarding the sale and purchase agreement
- Leading negotiations with the purchaser
- Project Managing to legal completion
- Tax advice to maximise net proceeds and minimise tax risks