Proud of our 127 year heritage, the Shorts of today is a vibrant and growing firm. Based in Chesterfield and Sheffield we have a strong and functional senior team, many of whom have worked at senior levels within international/regional firms, giving us a depth of experience which is unrivalled within the local marketplace.
A firm wide growth strategy was implemented 3 years ago, focussed on making Shorts the firm of choice for ambitious businesses and individuals in the region. Key highlights to date
- Organic growth of >20% pa for last 3 years (62% cumulative over 3 years)
- Now operating from 2 new modern open plan offices
- Net increase in staff headcount of c30 to >90 staff in total.
Our business is structured across 4 distinct services:
- Accountancy. Our audit department is led by 2 partners with substantial experience at senior levels within PricewaterhouseCoopers. In addition, we have developed a significant specialism with the provision of monthly management accounts using Xero and our proprietary management accounts software MonitorPro.
- Business Taxes. Our team contains 13 Chartered Tax Advisers, more than any independent accountancy practice within the region. This team is focussed on bringing relevant tax planning ideas to our clients as a matter of course.
- Private Client. Our Private Client Service is market leading. By integrating advice across the separate but connected areas of investment management, estate planning, risk minimisation, tax mitigation and compliance we are able to offer our clients individually tailored, modern solutions to their wealth management needs.
- Corporate Finance. Our team have worked in top 10 accounting firms, industry and commercial banking. They work hand in hand with all other service lines within the firm to ensure we provide our clients with a fully integrated service which enhances value to them throughout the process.
Why work for us
Shorts is a long standing local business which has grown rapidly in recent years. We are a firm where capable, ambitious and knowledgeable individuals can make a real difference to our clients and their own progression.
Our team of almost 100 employees is one of the very best in the region and we are committed to providing our staff with challenging, fulfilling roles. We aim to provide a reward structure and personal development/career progression that will attract, retain and motivate high quality professionals.
We also recognise that our staff have busy lives outside of work, that’s why we work standard hours, are family friendly and ensure the office environment is always professional yet friendly.